Sunday, May 24, 2009

Time Machine: Mr. Shaw's Stars, May 2009

From my Facebook, May 24, 2017

These sweet kids are graduating from high school this week. Looking through the Rome News graduation special section, this sentimental ol' fool gets right moisty-eyed to see those nine-year-olds all grown-up looking. 2008-2009 was one of those highlight years. I was privileged to have, once again, a wonderful student teacher, and this time she was from Berry College, Brittany Smith.
Berry's student teaching program is the best. They put the prospective teachers into the classroom the week before school starts to see how the teacher prepares for the year, then for the first week of school to understand how to establish routines, discipline, relationships for the year. Then they revisit the classroom off-and-on through the year until they finally do their fulltime student teaching. Berry student teachers build relationships with students and teachers and get to more completely understand what a year of teaching is like.
I'm also glad that my West Rome classmate, Donna Brown, is included in the picture. Donna was a great help to the AES staff, and in 2008-2009 a particular help in my classroom.

I didn't see all of these kids in the paper, of course. Some have moved away. I know Tiffany Chen and Charlotte Davis moved away and Porter Law ended up at Calhoun High. I'd love to hear from any of these kids, so if any of my FB friends know the whereabouts of the ones who have moved, let me know! And feel free to tag any of these kids who are your facebook friends. Also feel free to tag the picture if you are FB friends with any of these folks. 


Melanie Collette Babb
Sam got a little moisty eyed looking at the Coosa grads this morning too.


Cindy Daitz
great memories. great photo


Terrell Shaw
Cindy Daitz: one of the great classroom mamas of all time. I remember you working in the hot sun, outside our classroom courtyard door, till soaked in sweat and stained with soil, getting our classroom garden into shape. I think I have pics somewhere. For a price I will not post them. 

pastedGraphic.png


Cindy Daitz
IT was a pleasure volunteering in your clasroom. It is very strange to substitute in your old classroom now. I expect you and my kids to come around the corner any minute


Cindy Hullender Bachman
That was a great year for Belle, and you were a great teacher!!


Terrell Shaw
Another great mama with TWO Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment