Saturday, October 16, 2010

Gleaning Facebook: Mildred Greear's Ninetieth

I posted this on this date:

(Terrell Shaw) is headed with Sheila to Sautee Nacoochee for Mildred's 90th b'day! Any formerly gifted (grin) students or Friends of Mildred Greear who'd like me to take greetings, favorite memories, or even pictures? (I could have thot of this sooner, huh?) We'll have Sheila's iPad with us, so send 'em along!

And I'd like to preserve the comments here on my blog:

Adam Stanley: is headed with Sheila to Sautee Nacoochee for Mildred's 90th b'day! Any formerly gifted (grin) students or Friends of Mildred Greear who'd like me to take greetings, favorite memories, or even pictures? (I could have thot of this sooner, huh?) We'll have Sheila's iPad with us, so send 'em along!

Kendra L. Harris: Oh my gosh... I was thinking of her just the other day.. I remember that she used to bring me clay.. I was in the hospital one time (to have surgery on my knee) and she walked in with a HUGE bag of clay.. I just loved that! She was always so cool... I remember us learning about p's and q's.. 

Please wish her well and the happiest, most joyous of birthdays for me! I will send you a pic of me and Avery to show her... and I will never forget Chrysalis.. ðŸ™‚ What nice memories..

Sherry Jean Sims: Dear Mrs. Mildred. I went to school with her daughter, Teressa and knew her somewhat briefly through that, but years later, when I cut hair at Herb's Barber Shop she became one of my regular & sweetest customers! She was always bringing me in little gifts, like plants or flowers. I just loved her. Say hello for me! Although she may not remember me, I've never forgotten her! What a wonderful woman!

Suzanne Thornton Clonts: Wish her well for me.

Tracy S. Lawler: How wonderful - please send my wishes to Mildred as well!

Ruth Baird Shaw: Terry...Mildred is a lovely and talented lady. Give her my love and admiration and prayers that she have many more Happy Birthdays.

Mary Caldwell: Please do remember me to Mildred...with love and good wishes for many more.

Laurie Craw: 90, oh my! Give her my best wishes OK? Can't imagine living that long myself but I'm glad she has

Terrell Shaw: Thanks for all the comments. Roy, Philip is pretty severely handicapped but very much alive. On Saturday we managed to holler a few comments and questions to him and he responded like the old Philip. He immediately asked us about our children by name and reminisced about them and us. He is almost completely blind and severely hard of hearing, and he is beginning to have memory problems, but was pretty sharp on Saturday.
Sherry, Herb used to cut my hair when I was in high school!
I will send along all the comments to Mildred's daughter "Pete" (Margaret Oren).

Sherry Jean Sims: That must have been before my time, Terrell. I worked there in the early 80's and Herb himself was the only male in the shop. He's still in business, too, good ol' Herb. A lifelong family friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment