Sunday, November 20, 2011

Gleaning Facebook: Seeing Pete Again!

with John McCutcheon

at William Carlos Williams Center, Rutherford NJ.

A great night with our daughters. Pete Seeger, John McCutcheon, Tom Paxton and assorted other performers in Rutherford NJ raising money and awareness for the wetlands along the Hudson on the Jersey side. Pete is still Pete at 92. This was my first time to hear Tom in person, but I've been singing his songs since the sixties. And John is simply the best folk musician in his prime today. I love that hammered dulcimer and have enjoyed his albums since sometime in the seventies I guess. I hope to upload my rendition of John's Christmas in the Trenches soon.

Comments: 


Lynne Crothers Williams
Wonderful to hear that Pete is still Pete at 92.


Susan Cherones
IVE been singing Tom Paxton's songs since the sixties!!!!! My dad worked on a production with him and brought home an album that I played and played and played...I can still sing every song on the album!! Wow, you're the only other person I've met who knows him!!

Ruth Pinson
Can't wait to hear yours! Loved seeing you last week!

Jenifer Beaver
Went to a dulcimer festival in Louisville, KY once. Heard dulcimer all day long. Beautiful.

Kathy Wilson
Sounds like a great time was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment