Saturday, December 24, 2011

Gleaning Facebook: A Non-Commercial Christmas

I apologize to my fellow Americans for failing to do my part for the economic recovery this Christmas. Maybe we can help a little during the after-Christmas sales.

This is our least commercial Christmas in our lives, I s'pose. Events intervened to prevent a lot of Christmas shopping, and we don't want our Christmas celebration time taken up with frantic last-minute gift-related activities. So we four will do things instead of buy things. We will give time, fellowship, love, donations, and good wishes instead of presents.
Sooooooo... I wish all of my Facebook family and friends a joyous, stress-free, reflective, "doing" Christmas and a wonderfully productive, meaningful, and happy 2012.
Boy! It's good to be back in good ol' Rome, Georgia! And in time for a few minutes of reflection in the Nativity Scene at Trinity on Christmas Eve.
Merry Christmas, y'all!

Comments

Sarah L. Flannigan My kind of Christmas...and welcome home.
Jenifer Beaver I am seeing posts like this from a number of friends on facebook. It is so nice. I can't afford decorations, food for the season/entertaining and then buy more gifts on top of that. I choose decorating and cooking. Merry Christmas! I might see you tonight.

Barbara J. Gale The most wonderful gift is having my family around me...
Duane Parsons I am sure y’all did your part during the trip at gas stations and restaurants. <grin> With a consumption economy, now that gas attendant, waitress, etc. will be able to spread the wealth in their community.
Terrell Shaw True, Duane! And in NJ real old-fashioned gas pump attendants.


Joan Shaw Turrentine So glad you are home safe and sound!


Lynne Crothers Williams Hope you didn't come home to any storm damage.

Ann Gore Merry Christmas to all the Shaws! Love your post, true meaning of Christmas. Love, the Gores.
Betty Smith Franklin Merry Christmas to All! Have had many good memories of Rome this season....

No comments:

Post a Comment