Monday, December 23, 2013

Gleaning Facebook: Saving Mr. Banks


 Saving Mr. Banks lived up to the hype. It is one of the most enjoyable movies I've seen in years.

The acting was superb. Emma Thompson should be in contention for an Oscar. Tom Hanks was excellent as Disney and the supporting cast were outstanding, especially Paul Giamatti as the chauffeur and Colin Farrell as Travers' father.
The cinematography was gorgeous -- great camera angles and lighting and pleasing visual surprises. The film editing was exceptional, especially the many seamless flashbacks.
Don't rush out. During the closing credits snapshots of the actual people portrayed in the film are shown and an audio clip of P.L. Travers' cantankerous sessions with the Sherman brothers illustrates how well Thompson captured her spirit.

Comments

Jenifer Beaver I absolutely loved it. I plan to see it again during the break. I totally went into the ugly cry during Hanks monologue. Hanks blew me away with those words.
Terrell Shaw
Sheila cried too.

George Barton And "Mary Poppins" is finally out on blu-ray.
Clayton Hensley
I truly need to get to sleep ... I read George's comment and thought it said Mary Poppins finally came out!


Laurie Cook-Critchlow Good because we are seeing it today


Jim Geist Disney was so anti-union, I am not sure I will be able to watch it....time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment