Monday, December 21, 2015

Gleaning Facebook: Santa's My Buddy


If you need an "in" with that jolly old elf, I'm the guy to see.
I've known Kris Kringle well since 1962!
I've played poker with him.
I've camped out with St. Nick after a couple of our wonderful hootenannies --- ol' Father Christmas loves those hoots!.
I've chased his cows for him when he was out-of-town.
I've crawled under his house to help him with plumbing.
I have worked on Santa's roof and he has worked on mine.
I have cut Christmas trees with him and played chess with the old coot and hoed tomatoes and sung folk songs with him.
I've made movies with Santa, Baby!
During the off-season he always visits my house on the Fourth of July to see the fireworks and chow down on the world's greatest barbecue.
We have gotten bloody picking blackberries together.
I have celebrated births and marriages (and, sadly, also mourned) with the guy.
I've even worked as an elf in his shop for a while doing computer stuff.
I was there when he married the young and lovely Mrs. Claus.
His five children (Did you know Santa has five kids?) and his grandchildren are like nieces and nephews to me.
So, for a price, I'll do my best to influence him for my Facebook friends.
Whadya need?

Comments


Victoria Stanz Abernathy Hey! Mikey!

Ernest McDaniel Great photo!! You should frame it and hang it on your wall at home.

Laura A. Washington I love you back, too!!!!
Gola Burton Thank you Terrell Shaw for your kind words about Santa and the ones you did not share because we would not want to besmirch the image of The Jolly Ole Elf
Laurie Craw
So this is why you grew that beard! You gonna shave after Christmas?

Judy Manning Hope I'm not too late Terrell. Would you please tell Santa that all I want for Christmas is for everyone to be loved, no one hungry, cold or lonely and for it to spread like rings from drops of rain on the water. I guess what I'm asking for is Peace and Understanding world wide.

No comments:

Post a Comment