Sunday, March 25, 2018

Gleaning Facebook: March For Our Lives

Just reconnoitered Facebook walls of several of my favorite "Right-to-Lifers": not a word of support for today's marchers.
I'm sure there are exceptions, but I didn't see 'em on Facebook.

I did see a couple of posters at the march today that seemed to be from folks who are more consistent... seeking to protect human fetuses and post-partum humans as well.

-------------

Ready to #MarchForOurLivesATL! We demand common sense gun laws. Proud to be part of this youth-led day of activism.


Nedra Manners: Thank you
Howard Smith: We marched together today...we marched for common sense gun control.





I saw an estimate of 70,000 folks who turned out for the March For Our Lives today in Atlanta. It seemed much larger to me... at least two major league stadiums full. What a privilege to be one small part of that noble crowd of folks who are taking their first amendment rights seriously. Young, old, well-to-do and far-from-it, introverts and extroverts, black and white, immigrants and "redneck" locals like me. My favorite chant:
Leader: "Tell me what democracy looks like."
People: "This is what democracy looks like!"
--
Laurie Craw: Thanks, Shaws!


It was nice to see support like this along the way. Besides this sort of thing Emory University and the Presbyterian church near the capitol were giving out water bottles to the marchers. Police officers and Marta personnel thanked us for speaking out. -- Ann Gore: We thank you also! Still have grands in school!










No comments:

Post a Comment