Wednesday, April 04, 2018

Gleaning Facebook: Summer Camp for Grown-Ups


 Look at the first two days of te 2018 Paddle Georgia event! I may have to do this one. At 71 how likely am I to get a chance at paddling through the hometowns of my daddy and mother, through the swimming hole that figures so prominently in one of the stories I love to tell. Past the Milstead mill where my Daddy, granddaddy and great granddaddy worked not to mention a host of other relatives, past the "Dinky" narrow-gauge tracks. through the fishing hole where Mama Baird took my mama fishing in the twenties, past Porterdale's Osprey Mill where Mama Baird worked and the main Bibb mill where Papa Baird worked. Past the "Rock House" stone formations where my parents courted.

Maybe some of my relatives or friends would join me. If you are not familiar with Paddle Georgia I can sum it up thusly: Summer Camp for Grown-ups and lots of fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment