Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Gleaning Facebook: A Book of Me






Susan and Bill Babb invited me to speak again to the retirement group (RahRahs) at my church, Trinity United Methodist and today was the day. I had a wonderful time trying out a story I developed at the Donald Davis workshop during July 2017. This was my first time to perform it in a non-workshop-type program. I finished off with the little tall tale “Yellowtail” with which I won the 2014 Big Fibbers Contest. I had a good time and think my listeners enjoyed it. 


Then came a highlight of the year for me: Susan presented me with a 20 page book of photographs she collected of my storytelling and nature walks during my five years of telling stories in her kindergarten classes and their trips to Arrowhead Environmental Education Center. I am just blown away by this beautiful gesture. What a memento for me! Here’s the front and back covers and one of the interior spreads. 

I would be embarrassed to post her beautiful message written by hand on the front flyleaf. Thank you from the bottom of my heart Susan!

No comments:

Post a Comment