Tuesday, July 13, 2021

Gleaning Facebook: Gary Greene

Many of my friends will know the Grand Imagineer, Gary Greene. Gary is a wonderful storyteller and songwriter friend. Please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

He is one of the folks who not only inpires me with his storytelling and songwriting (I love his song "Cherokee Names") but has encouraged my storytelling by inviting me to join him for storytelling at the Etowah Mounds and doing some joint gigs with me. A great guy!

From Karen Lyn Dobson's Facebook:
Please pray for Gary! Moving him out of ICU. He's been put on Hospice. He's been such a WARRIOR for the past 2 years. One of MY BEST FRIENDS IN THE WHOLE WORLD. Gary is the first one to accept me as a SERIOUS MUSICIAN in Rome. I had already established myself in Cartersvlle. HE welcomed me with LOVING ARMS & we've done so many projects together. My favorite song we do is by John Prine "In SPite of ourselves" It's so good especially when I mimic Iris Dement. I LOVE YOU!!! We WILL SIT ON THAT RAINBOW together one day! Until then, sit with Gammy & ya'll wait on me!




No comments:

Post a Comment