Friday, October 16, 2009

Gleaning Facebook: Marrying Our Record Collection

When Sheila and I married we discovered we each had copies of several of the same LP albums. This was one of those and one of our favorites. We did not have a TV at home for many years but we did have a record player and it got a lot of use. This one got a lot of play, as did the Fifth Dimension, Peter Paul & Mary (of course), Crosby Stills Nash, Pete Seeger, and the early Beatles. So I simple posted the photo and elicited some comments from my friends:
----------


Chandler Gray:  Gone to Carolina is one of my faves

Terrell Shaw: This was one of several albums that we discovered we had two of, when Sheila and I merged our collections in 1971.

Chandler Gray: Well you should have known right there that she was the one. Jenn and I are 6 years apart and she never watched shows like "Sanford and Son" or listened to the same music I did.
This was the ALBUM with Sweet Baby James, Fire and Rain, and Steamroller. GOOD STUFF.

Rhonda Ingram Bramblette: I have had this one for decades,myself! Have the CD in the old mini-van right now.....I Almost named Quincy, Carolina!! LOL!!

David Promis: This is an "album" that brings back some wonderful memories for me!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment