Saturday, June 08, 2013

Gleaning Facebook: Stories at Cave Spring

Come on down to Cave Spring today! The Arts Festival is on. 

AND storytelling is on -- starting at eleven and going till about four. Christie Davis has a tale about something called "The Wog". Mike Ragland and Bill Barker will also be telling. I'm scheduled to tell at noon, one, and three-twenty. Right now I'm thinking of telling three or more of these tales:

Ma Wilkerson's Fox-fur Coat

Hiccoughs

The Biggest Hickory Log in Adams County

Sody Saleratus

The Tailor

Pigtails

Y'all come!



Comments


Gary Greene WIsh I could be there...

Tersi Bendiburg Me too!

Christy Davis We missed you, Gary!


Gary Greene I had to work sorry.. I missed you all too.

Terrell Shaw A great day of storytelling. I had a ball, Christie, Thanks for putting it together. I ended up telling four stories. The first two sets had audiences that included little kids so I told Pigtails (twice), The Tailor, and Sody Saleratus... three that work well with a big range of folks but especially with the early grades. The last set was all adults. I told my version of Donald Davis tall tale (Rainy Weather) that I call Ma Wilkerson's Fox-fur Coat. Christie told about several of the Wog's escapades in (little) Buckhead. Mike told the Cherokee story of Forever Boy. And Bill told us about a leprechaun. Great weather, mouth-watering food, dozens of arts and crafts booths, big crowds, and enthusiastic audiences.


Christy Davis I also told Jack and the Magic Stones, my favorite story to tell.

Terrell Shaw Sorry I missed it today, Christy, but I've heard you tell it before.

No comments:

Post a Comment