Monday, March 20, 2017

Gleaning Facebook: Baird Relative?

From Joy Baird Dickey:

Ritchie Dickey
I see some resemblance.


Joy Baird Dickey
He looks so smart!

Terrell Shaw
Ha!
I know of no relationship. A famous near relative as recently as that would likely be known. Also up until the Civil War or so, as far as I can discover, our relatives spelled the name "Beard".


Terrell Shaw
BUT we are second cousins, many times removed, of Presidents Zachary Taylor & James Madison.We share descendancy from one pair of their great grand parents.


Joy Baird Dickey
Awesome, thank you!!


Ruth Baird Shaw
SURE LOOKS LIKE A "BAIRD". Look at that prominent and good looking nose!


Ruth Baird Shaw
Terrell, my mother told me my father said they never called themselves "Beard."


Melissa Mefford Proctor
We were walking through Arlington on Saturday and I saw a tomb with your maiden name and I thought of you.


Ruth Baird Shaw
Joy, since he looks "so smart" , he most likely is our relative! Lets claim him!! Terry and Beth have done a little family history.. What do you think? Surely we can fit in him somewhere?

Yes! William Baird was said to be an officer in the Confederate Army! He was also said to be active in the Prospect Methodist Church and one of the few persons there who could read and write at the time. Sherman's March "all the way to the Sea"  took it's toll on the schools in the Confederate South"

Joy..at age 94, I am probably the youngest "granddaughter of the Confederacy. " I was born as the youngest and 11th child of Wilson and Eula Dick Baird. My "Papa was 20 years older than my Mama who adored him! He was the youngest son of William Baird,




 

No comments:

Post a Comment