Saturday, April 22, 2017

Gleaning Facebook: Blue House Bees

Mike Burton has a long history with bees and even I have had a brush or two with those experiences. So when I saw this I knew I'd want to preserve his Facebook post here on my public journal.

"Honey bees in the floor joist. Major operations to remove wall and cut out comb and place in large tubs. Randy Williams us putting hoe 6 or 7 feet into floor to drag out honey. I'm looking fir queen to put in new hive. Few stings so maybe arthritis will abate. Another hive under the living room. Smoker working better so maybe find that queen and be able to move away from the house." - Michael J. Burton

 

Facebook Comments


Ann Perkins Niemeier
Oh no!


Laura A. Washington
Wow!!!


Freida Tucker Seckinger
Don't hear you say this, so I will say it for you. "There is always something."


Michael J. Burton
It's either piss ants or bedbugs is what mama said


Vivian Ray Benton
LOL


Freida Tucker Seckinger
Michael J. Burton
Her comment is so funny. Mama used to say "it is from hell to breakfast." Can't explain that, but I knew what she was implying.


Freida Tucker Seckinger
That comment made me think of an event at Camp Sidney Dew back about 1965. We were at the boy scout program for Tom's little brother, David. Believe it or not, I had on my redish wig, one piece hot pant suit, and a good tan. I know that is hard to believe now, but it is true. Anyway, I sat down on a log while having a snack. Yes ants appeared you know where. I almost took off my suit heading to the bathroom, while Tom's mother Kate was yelling, "Wait Freida, wait." Such fun memories . . .


Michael J. Burton
pastedGraphic.png

pastedGraphic.png

Toooo funny


Vicki Rogers
did u save honey to consume? so natural, no preservative, real food right from honey bees.


Calvin Hughes Jr
Who own house?


Michael J. Burton
My daughter


Calvin Hughes Jr
Oh ok.


Julie Bagaglio Peters
Ginger Whiteis
is this your house?


Ginger Whiteis
It's my sisters. Kinda looks like the weathered blue on the back of my house 

pastedGraphic_1.png

. Thank goodness I'm not dealing with bees.


Lynn Green Self
Yikes! I always hired a local drink to get my bees each year. He never wore a bee suit and was so drunk he didn't care if he got stung! What a great character!


Michael J. Burton
Send him our way


Lynn Green Self
Alcohol got him first!


Dinah Moss Estes
Finally you did and I am glad. You know when I was renting 2nd floor of this house at that time but loved this house. I was little worried but I just ignored and knew they won't bother me as long as I won't bother them. They are valuable to the nature.


Terrell Shaw
We'll be happy to help dispose of the honey, Little Red Gola Burton.


Jamie Saunders
Wow honey !!!!!

pastedGraphic_2.png


William Kolok
Oh does that bring me back to the old days


Michael J. Burton

Yeah I thought about you and the bees down at the creek where we robbed honey and then painted


Bill Barker
Wow


Gola Burton
Rained on the bucket of honey and bees. Too many to move it before the rain. We were not home when the rain started. But... I am sure there will be more honey to rob


Jeri Carter
Somewhere I think we have negatives of old pictures of you in a beekeeper's hat/net and smoker, robbing the hives down at the old homestead on the creek...


Michael J. Burton
Love to have a copy


Jeri Carter
Right now the old B&W negatives are buried in a bunch of other stuff in the art storage/darkroom downstairs. I'll keep my eyes peeled and if I find any of the old photos, will send them....


Michael J. Burton
Thanks


Kelly Wilbourn Brady
Glad its not being killed..we need more honey..


Betty Smith Franklin
My guest accommodations.....



No comments:

Post a Comment