Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Gleaning Facebook: 100,000 Deaths

I fought George W. Bush tooth and nail. He and I are on different ends of mainstream American thought. 

BUT I never doubted he (or his Dad or BO, or Clinton, or Reagan, or Carter or Ford or, - even - Nixon) loves America. I would, given the power, replace the sick narcissist in the current White House with Bush43 at a moment's notice.

It is just unimaginable that ANY other US president would have been so incompetent, insecure, ignorant, self-centered as to allow America to suffer the worst outcomes of any advanced nation in this pandemic. We learned of Covid at the same time the South Koreans did. We had much more time to prepare than many countries that have done better. 100,000 deaths, nearing two million cases. I have friends who have lost their kin. I have acqaintances who have suffered debilitating bouts of it.
Donald John Trump's record on this is shameful, bordering on criminal. There were safeguards set up. He had lots of warning. He refused to listen to scientists. He refuses still.

No comments:

Post a Comment