Thursday, December 21, 2023

California Christmas 2023: Day Three

It is just glorious to wake up in Vista, California with my favorite traveling companion. But was a gloomy morning as I walked... 

...up Indian Rock toward... 
steep Apollo. Here I am cheered by the kindred spirit who still has his/her Veterans for Biden poster, now modified to read "2024." I am also pleased that they have added a Ukrainian flag. 

One of these days I hope to find this gate open so I can check out the "Indian rock"  In the  several years that I have been walking this route I have never seen the gate open.

Guess it's still autumn here.

It is hard to think of my good looking life-partner as :Granny"... .

..but she is wonderful...

 ...and beloved in that role.


During the pandemic Vista instituted a drive through light show at Brengle Terrace Park, just down the street from our grandkids house. It was great fun and we got to enjoy it two years ago. Now that "in-person" events are allowed again they have continued the new "Jingle Terrace" with a walk-in event with lots of lights, but also...

... crafts. Our kids colored coloring sheets and wooden ornaments...

And then walked on to the Moonlight Amphitheater where we've seen several plays, but tonight there was... 


The railing became a jungle gym.

Suz was put in charge of a large box of popcorn.

The kids loved the music of the...





The Jingle Terrace Band --Antidote -- was quite good.





No comments:

Post a Comment