Sunday, August 30, 2026

Misty Morning on the Oostanaula

 

I was out at 6:46 to get my walk started this morning -- in time to see the sky just turning pink in the east.



By the time I got to the Little Dry Creek bridge the sky was barely blue and the moon was bright and full in the western sky.



Today I will try to take pictures of ALL of the arboretum memorial stones on the "clockwise circuit".  This is the first one near the "Post Office Trailhead".





After the arboretum of the east side of the Oostanaula was completed the Mt. Berry Trail began to be used for that purpose. Here are a couple of newly planted trees near the big pond. There are no engraved stones at the trees yet.



The city has been actively clearing underbrush from the sides of the trail to keep it open and friendly. There are also regular patrols by uniformed "ambassadors" on bicycle. The trail feels very safe.



This colorful swing overlooks the Oostanaula just across from Chieftains Museum.



The mist this morning made for a picturesque walk.





















































No comments:

Post a Comment