Saturday, July 26, 2014

Story Night 2014



Seven local storytellers will regale us with short tales at Story Night. One will be Bill Barker. Or will it be Sequoyah?

I have listened to Mike Burton's stories for 52 years! He was older brother to a great friend and later a dear friend in his own right. He has been my Sunday School teacher and my director in several films (1971-2014). He has whipped me at chess and picked gallons of blackberries by my side. We have cultivated gardens, dug wells, hauled treasures from a dump, and sung folk songs together (though singing is not his forte). He has videoed my storytelling for me, but Thursday will only be the second time we've shared a storytelling stage.
Have you missed hearing "MIss Jane" stories for a while? Me too! Come hear Rome's dean of storytellers, "Miss Jane" Cunningham, and six other tellers, this Thursday at Schroeder's…
Y'all come hear Ken spin a yarn!

Gary Greene is one of my closest Storytelling cohorts. We have told at the same events a number of times (sometimes with our wonderful late friend Debbie Brown) and are both scheduled to tell at the Peach State Storytelling Festival in Atlanta in 2015. If you haven't heard his song "Cherokee Names" you need to google it and check it out! 

 
Y'all come hear Bob Harris and other local storytellers, Thursday July 31, 7 p.m., Schroeder's New Deli, Broad Street in Rome GA. This version has one less typo. Ugh!

I'm still working on similar promos for two more great storytellers: Michael J. Burton and Gary Greene. In the meantime, I'll go ahead and put up my own bit of propaganda...







No comments:

Post a Comment