Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Gleaning Facebook: From a Father of Girls

Wow! All the talk we've heard about the "Super-delegates" NO LONGER MATTERS. Hillary Clinton has locked up the majority of delegates even if you do not count the super-delegates at all.
Hooray for Hillary. What a magnificent and well-deserved victory.
And I am very fond of, and appreciative of, the contribution to this campaign made by Bernie Sanders. Not only has he raised the important issues, but he has helped to educate the public about those things, and he has enabled Hillary Clinton to speak more comfortably for progressive causes.
Hillary Clinton spoke to our nation tonight through a beautiful, tough but gracious, optimistic, presidential speech. As a father of girls, it was very emotional for me.

Comment
Laurie Craw
Congratulations Terrell and Hillary! Her presumptive victory is certainly a positive indication that everything is going pretty well for working class Democratic families.. No big change needed or wanted by them. I was wrong about that. Of course Bernie isn't the perfect agent of change, a little too scary for most older folk. My fear is that, starting from the center, a President Clinton would let conservative Republicans drag our government farther to the right whereas Sanders would have at least held his ground. I will wait to hear what she says in the coming months. If she draws a line in the sand about Social Security, for example. She has such a broad agenda that I have no idea what her priorities are, what she will go to the mat for, and what she's willing to compromise when the deal-making begins. My main issue is still healthcare. Still too expensive and complicated. Bottom line, I'm glad a woman made it this far but I'm still concerned about THIS woman's policies.

----------------
Regardless of what comes next tonight is a great night in American history. I have been an outspoken feminist all my adult life. As the son, grandson, brother, uncle, nephew, husband, father, co-worker, friend, and teacher of girls and women I am thrilled to see this day come. Little girls, you too can aspire to a major party nomination for president!

 
To every little girl who dreams big: Yes, you can be anything you want—even president. Tonight is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment