Monday, October 01, 2018

Gleaning Facebook: Asphalt

 No, Lillian did not use stage make up on me. This is a real shiner. No it wasn’t Sheila. I know after 47 years when to duck. Turns out, despite my reputation, my noggin is not harder’n pavement. It was my second losing altercation with asphalt of 2018. And no, not a drop of demon rum was involved. I just need to watch out what I do with my feet.



I got lots of responses to this one:

Tersi Bendiburg
Oh, am so very sorry.

Nelda Myers Hartline
My .goodness


Sandra Pride
It's a beauty. Do keep an eye out for a concussion like the man said. Clementine won't like it if you don't take care of yourself.

Melanie Collette Babb
Wow ouch!


Tina Brinson
Ouch!


Susan Barnes Babb
That's gonna look far worse tomorrow!

Terrell Shaw
You were right.

Susan Barnes Babb
'Twas the voice of experience!

Janice Richardson
Feel better soon!


Deborah Lake Dawson
Happened to me, worse! Went to rescue my dog and scrapped the downhill driveway! Not a pretty site.Reply4y

Donald Murdock
Dude, gotta watch your step! You’re much too honest for a veteran story teller, though. Need to make up something cool to go with the shiner. You were side-stepping a wild hog, or some such thing!


Gary Sarah Pace
Can identify. 

1f64f_1f3fb.png


Brannon Shaw
Yikes Dad! Watch out!

Nancy Johal Singh
It does look like purple eye shadow....hope it heals fast.

Lillian Shaw
Dad!!! Be careful!

Tony Pope
Well...there's a new story for November!

Frank Norris
Yikes! Sorry. / So, if it's not Sheila, and not because of what you drank, and not the fault of the asphalt pavement, are you saying that it's your own a**-fault?

Terrell Shaw
You win the prize so far, Frank! It was definitely an a**'s Phalt.


Bryant Steele
Come over and look at my elbow. It's what my face would have looked like if I hadn't been able to twist as I fell.
Seriously, mend soon. Be well.

Charlie Hehn
Ooooooh, that's going to spread.

Fred Gould
Please behave yourself.

Terrell Shaw
Old dogs, new tricks and all that!

Chris Ann Buff
Ouch!

Rhonda Ingram Bramlette
That is an impressive shiner! Hope you feel better soon!

Michael J. Burton
Darn I need a script to match this look.

Mike Bock
ouch !

Diane Loyd Gage
Ouch!

Lizabeth Jolly
So sorry—— I hope there is not a lot of pain involved 

1f614.png


Amanda Lawrence
Oh! I'm so that happened to you!

Ann Perkins Niemeier
Ouch!

Gary Greene
So sorry my friend.

George Dean
Ouch!.....Faliing is never fun..

Bill Cox
Well to quote Opie, Ain't she a beaute paw!


Robin Holt
Lordy

Leatrice Michelle Carter
So sorry Mr. Shaw. Please take care

Barbara Jean Smith
Bless your heart. Be careful!


Delene Gray Buffington
Gosh I fell yesterday and all I got was a busted knee...lol.

Anne Edwards Langley
Wow you really did it up right. I like that shade of eye shadow

CeCe Baker
Don't we all . . .

Marilyn Murdock McLean
Ouch!!

John Countryman
We're more susceptible to falls now. Be careful out there! 

1f642.png


Dona Ward
I told you not to try any more cartwheels!

Anita Stewart
Did you see the pavement coming your way?

Terrell Shaw
It was a dastardly sneak attack; it was just lying there in wait.

Carolyn McGuiness
Poor baby

Larry England
I got a big bump the size of a golf ball on my ankle from a fall last week but someone tripped me. So I can blame outside parties. Get well.

Terrell Shaw
Back at you! Ouch.

John Paul Schulz
old people like you need to be more careful.

Terrell Shaw
Look old man, you’re older’n me!!!!

John Paul Schulz
nevertheless......


Andy McCullough
Glad you are okay but take care Cuz'n Terry!

Ruth Pinson
Ow! I'm so sorry!!!!

Faye Layton
Sorry! As a "story teller", invent a more intriguing tale. You could have been injured in some type of heroic action!

Terrell Shaw
The real story: I had to step into a roadhouse brawl to save Sheila. It was a disagreement between subject and verb. You know how English majors is. 

1f609.png


Faye Layton
How brave! The subject always agrees with the verb!


Laurie Craw
If you like that "smoky-eyes" look, just use eye shadow. It doesn't hurt at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment