Sunday, October 21, 2018

Gleaning Facebook: My Triplets

I took a nice long, brisk walk along the Riverwalk, through the Town Green, down Broad, up to the City Clock and back. When I got to the green I heard my name and a pair of nice young ladies came across the grass toward me. I turned off the podcast (with hearing aids attached to my iPhone by a form of magic called bluetooth I actually DO have voices in my head) and one introduced herself as Emily Presley, “Allyssa’s sister,” she said. It took me a few awkward exchanges to clear the cobwebs and realize that this was one of my triplets! And they were all three there on the Town Green. Alyssa was in my homeroom, but all three had science and social studies from me. In a career that began in 1969 I do not remember another set of triplets who all were in my classes. Aaron isn’t sure of his plans after graduation next year but he’s thinking of studying graphic design; Allyssa and Emily are thinking of being teachers(!) and hope to attend GHC for their first two years of college. What a great trio of kids and what a joy for this old teacher to run into them this afternoon!

When I went by my mother's house tonight I told her about seeing Emily, Alyssa, and Aaron and showed her the picture. She asked me to send her the picture. I suggested I might just post it on Facebook. Mother said yes, and tell everyone she told me to do it! So here it is.  



No comments:

Post a Comment