Thursday, March 07, 2019

Tell Me A Story - Monica Shepherd

If you missed it yesterday, take a few minutes to read Monica's op ed from the Rome News.... and go ahead and order your tickets online for Rome's own Big Fibbers Storytelling Festival --- 

What a joy to read this, delivered with a perfect cuppa joe to my sorry late rising retired self this morning, courtesy of my sweet wife, Sheila Matthews Shaw.
Monica Sheppard is a talented writer and captures much of what I love about storytelling in these few words.
She mentions David Holt's signature motorcycle story. If you listen carefully to this recording...
... you may make out my laugh, I was at Jonesborough to hear David tell it. My kids, like Monica, grew up listening to Holt and other world class professional storytellers. Bil Lepp --- just one "L" please --- and Andy Offutt Irwin fit in that category too. Y'all get your tickets at www.bigfibbers.com.

Thanks for the plug for Rome's annual storytelling festival, Monica. (Click the picture to read Monic'a articles in the Rome News-Tribune.)




No comments:

Post a Comment