Friday, March 06, 2020

Gleaning Facebook: Happy Birthday Rodney!


It's nice to still be remembered seven years into retirement. When I arrived at Armuchee Elementary Wednesday morning to coach the Storytelling Club, I was asked to sing "my" birthday song to my friend and AES principal, Rodney Stewart who hit the big 65. "My" song is actually Tina Lisa Jones' song "Cut the Cake" that I learned from Ed Kilbourne, reinforced by John McCutcheon, that I sang hundreds of times during my career at AES from 1999-2013. Jason Coffman and I lined up in the hallway with his students, surprised Rodney near the office, and gave him a raucous rendition of the chorus to his great delight. Matter of fact he enjoyed it so much he insisted on an encore for the cameras!


Here's a like to John McCutcheon covering the song.
https://youtu.be/A2RG0V_nvqw

No comments:

Post a Comment