Friday, April 16, 2021

Fishing trip from Morro Rock

[Work in progress -- I am writing this in May, but the fishing and most of the photos are from April 16, 2021.]


My son-in-law John and his dad, Danny treated me to my first ocean fishing adventure at California's  beautiful Morro Bay. We out of our sleeping bags in the morning chill and unloding gear from the truck as light began to penetrate the fog.

Danny unloads and checks the gear.

John waits on the dock as our 14 fellow fishermen gather.

I snapped John as the the boat leaves the dock. That's Morro Rock, the huge and iconic volcanic plug that dominates the bay.

John snapped my picture as I watched Morro Rock emerge from the gloom and harbor seals and sea otters played about the boat.

If I get another chance at this activity I'll dress warmer. It was cold! Danny (above) John and I claimed spots up along the port rail an, despite the cold, I enjoyed just watching the fog, mountains, sea, and wildlife as we chugged toward the fishing spot.





Morro Rock slowly shrank in the distance.


































No comments:

Post a Comment