Friday, April 02, 2021

(Pre)Ambling the Vista Conservancy Trail

 I’m still on Georgia internal time and so I wake up early and take a walk. I glory in my solitary early walks out here. This trail follows a small creek winding through rocks and palms and flowers from an ancient Native American site to the beautiful Brengle Terrace Park, parallel to the main thorough fare in town, its busy motor noises only partly softened by the vegetation. I suspect that my walk this morning along the Vista Conservancy trail is thanks to lots of folks. I don’t know for sure but if this trail is like many others in the country it was funded by federal state and local grants as well as donations from businesses, nonprofits, and individuals. I love America and it’s tradition of balancing individual independence with the common good. I am thankful that we now have an administration that takes seriously the six goals of the preamble.









No comments:

Post a Comment