Saturday, March 19, 2022

Guess what? There wasn’t a smoking gun.

Georgia Republicans have rarely done much I approve, but I'll give them this: When they replaced the unverifiable voting system we had used for years with the carefully verifiable Dominion system that we use now, they relieved my mind greatly. I had complained for many years that I had to cast my vote each election in a blind system controlled 100% by my political opponents and with absolutely no way to review the ballots to be sure they were counted correctly. I actually was fairly confident that the elections were being handled, for the most part, correctly as far as counting the votes cast. BUT a republic is asking for trouble if there is no way to review and confirm the actual ballots. The new system fixed that.

Then came Mr. Putin's protege to the White House. And the Space-Laser-body-builder woman to our Congressional seat. And the Trumpist takeover of Floyd County's Republican Party.

We had the most secure voting system of my lifetime and the Trumpists were screaming "Fraud!" -- with absolutely no evidence. Exhausted but sincere, efficient, over-worked, under-paid elections officials were disrespected, derided, and threatened by these armchair "experts" who "saw" boxes being pushed under tables (So?) on TV. 

Anyway, it was good to see the Rome News-Tribune lead editorial today. I'm glad to see that some local capital-R Republicans are quietly opposing Mr. Putin's favorite Congresswoman. Unfortunately we do not hear them speaking out against Mr. Putin's favorite presidential candidate.

Click the City Clock below to read the editorial:

Click my ID badge to read about my experiences in monitoring the last election as a Democratic Party volunteer (with my Republican counterparts)



No comments:

Post a Comment