Saturday, November 30, 2013

Gleaning Facebook: Dawgs come back.


Great day so far. All the good guys are leading. Noles have a win recorded against the Swamp Lizards. The Jackets are whuppin' the Dawgs. And the Team-Opposing-Alabama is leading in the second quarter.

Wendy Ramsey

And Ohio State pulled out a win against Michigan!

Ruth Pinson

Don't count my Dawgs out yet....17 unanswered points...20-17....there's still hope for those of us who are true UGA alums!!!!

Terrell Shaw

27-24 now -- fun game.

Ruth Pinson

Not Fun!!

Overtime, yuk!

Terrell Shaw

I may need an extra blood pressure pill.

Congrats, Ruth and the Dawgs.

Ruth Pinson

Yea!!!! Dawgs win!!!!! Whew!!!!

Terrell Shaw

Where IS that dislike button?!  As one of my friends said, don't you wish we could have heard Munson call this one?

Ruth Pinson

Yes, we do. 

Hal Massie

Ruth, I don't know you, but I like you! Never, ever count the Dogs out! GO DAWGS!!!

Terrell Shaw

Hal, you and Ruth would share some viewpoints beyond your affection for stinky ol' Dawgs- you as a botanist and she as a wonderful 4th grade teacher with an environmental approach to education -- and the best classroom garden around.

Hal Massie

Sounds like my kind of person. My wife is a third grade teacher. We tried once to put in a garden at her school, but it failed due to lack of support from the school and extreme droughts.

By the way, Terrell, I've been meaning to ask you something. In 1993 I attended the state Master Gardener conference, which was held in Rome that year. I stayed in a Berry College dorm, where I fell out of bed and broke my arm on the second day of the conference. Despite the pain (and I really didn't think it was broken), I went on several garden tours in the area, including one of the finest private gardens I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure the lady that built that garden was named Ruth Shaw. Is she a relative of yours? The only thing I can tell you about the location is that the home and garden were high on a ridge and most of the garden was terraced.

 Terrell Shaw

My wonderful mother is Ruth Shaw but not that Ruth Shaw. My Mama didn't live in Rome in 1993 and though she raises a few tomatoes and assorted flowers she has no terraces and has never been a hostess of a garden tour to my knowledge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment