Friday, November 29, 2013

Gleaning Facebook: Just Hang Up

 So some fella calls my cell, while I am sitting around Mama's big room with a couple dozen relatives, and wants to interview me about my satisfaction with AT&T. He also calls Sheila. My response, of course, was "On Thanksgiving afternoon?! You've got to be kidding me." And I hung up. Actually I knew the guy was dead serious. He would have eventually tried to get some info from me that would allow him to access my accounts. I guarantee you he succeeded a few times during the day. As a result some folks will lose some money and a lot of time getting their phone accounts straightened out.

Friends: Legit businesses do not operate that way. The idiots at Walmart may be open on Thanksgiving but even they know better than to call customers' homes on Thanksgiving day. And no legit business or government office is going to cold call and ask for personal info. The IRS doesn't do that. AT&T doesn't do that. etc. etc.
THEREFORE if some jerk you don't know calls you and asks for account numbers, or passwords, or ANY personal or financial info, hang up. Just hang up.

Comments

Christie Hufstedler Boyd Not only did they call you, they called me first, then Freddy, then Nicole. None of us talked to him. Our same reaction was AT&T on Thanksgiving? We don't think so!
Terrell Shaw Our cell service is with Verizon, but we have reg phone with AT&T, so that also made it suspicious.
Jackson Williamson They called us. Did they offer you a bill credit for completing a survey?
Terrell Shaw I didn't let the guy get a word in edgewise, Jackson. He got about half a sentence out before I made my exclamation and hung up.
Jackson Williamson We have him the same treatment after determining there was no emergency.
Juli Oswalt Johnson They got several people yesterday unfortunately.
Erskine Thompson I was called as I was being driven home from my hospital stay. Obviously, I had no patience for this clown. I made my determination quick also since I have Verizon too.
Bill Pelfrey Jr he called me and i did not understand him and i said who are you with and he hung up.....

No comments:

Post a Comment