Thursday, November 04, 2021

Gleaning Facebook: PALS & Berry Elementary


I had a great time showing off animals and telling stories for Arrowhead Environmental Education Center at PALS (mothers morning out program at Trinity United Methodist Church) kindergarteners and pre-k kids yesterday. I took along Green, Gray, and Barking Treefrogs and told The Foolish Frog — a silly story written by Pete Seeger that I have been telling for about 60 years!

Then I drove out to Berry Elementary to show a baby alligator to fourth-graders and tell my version of Ed Stivender’s version of David Holt’s version of Joel Chandler Harris’s version of a folk tale about gators.
If you are in Floyd County or any other county in Northwest Georgia and would like to schedule a storytelling/nature lesson or program at your school, club, library, scout troop, civic group or ?? IM me. And if your civic group or school would like to help support this wonderful 28 year institution, please I’d sure like to talk with you.
I saw this interesting artwork in the lobby at Berry Elementary illustrating Rome and its three rivers .

No comments:

Post a Comment