Tuesday, February 22, 2022

145 main Street, Milstead

145 Main Street, Milstead (now Conyers) Georgia

This little mill town house is so precious to my memories. My paternal grandfather and grandmother lived at 145 Main Street throughout my childhood. After Mama Shaw died in 1993 Milstead Baptist Church bought the house. Every time I look at this picture I think of more memories associated with the trees, the bushes, the garage/workshop, the clotheslines, the alley behind the house, the sidewalk in front, each of the rooms. I remember the dirt floor of the garage with its doodlebug funnels. I remember the Christmas decorations on the porch. Daddy Shaw's backrubs there. Trouble the Boston terrier chasing sticks in the yard. Raking the yard. Studebakers parked on the two narrow strips of concrete that led to the garage. Walking from that porch down Main to Daddy Shaw's barber shop.


I took this screen shot from the Milstead Baptist Church webpage.

---
Facebook comments from February 2022


Katie S. Kimbrough
Pretty!


Deborah Lake Dawson
What a wonderful memory.


Natalie Roseberry
I remember going to see Aunt Lillian and Mr. James there!
pastedGraphic.png


David Matheny
What town?


Terrell Shaw
Milstead — now annexed into Conyers


Danny Shaw
Wow! Amazing what your post did to me when I saw this. So many memories.


Terrell Shaw
we’re looking forward to seeing y’all Saturday.


Danny Shaw
Can’t wait to see you at the extravaganza


pastedGraphic_1.png
Ace Theshepherd (I think this is my cousin Jennifer)
I have this old photo of her house hanging in my hallway. It constantly elicits warm memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment