Monday, April 25, 2022

Aunt Eugenia

We have lost my Aunt Eugenia. I wasn't at the wedding, but I remember when she and Uncle Bill married in the fifties. She was beautiful and smart and kind. It was always obvious that she and Bill were in love. I remember our families camping and fishing together at Noontootla Creek about 1960. An electrician, Bill hired me on one summer as a helper and it was so good to get to be around him as he wired homes and offices. I remember watching them with their little girls in the early seventies when Sheila and I were young marrieds ourselves. Mother remained close to her sisters-in-law till the end. And now, less than a year later I imagine Eugenia and Mother visiting together again with Aunt Margaret and those laughing, joking, Shaw boys. We sure will miss her.


Bill & Eugenia Shaw with Becky Laughlin
Becky: 
What a great pic! Thanks so much Terry!! I miss y'all so much! Many blessings!! We have a great future ahead!

Ruth Baird Shaw, Eugenia Shaw, and Annie Scarbrough at Aunt Margaret's funeral.

L-R: Ruth Baird ShawSheila Matthews ShawTerrell Shaw, Eugenia Shaw, Karen Shaw, Danny Shaw, Michael Shaw. I think this was at a get-together for one of Eugenia's birthdays??



Eugenia Pickens Shaw, Margaret Thomas Shaw, and Ruth Baird Shaw at Kevin's wedding


No comments:

Post a Comment