Thursday, April 28, 2022

King of the Snakes


Back at Arrowhead for a Field Trip ... a great group of students and teachers (including my fourth-grader-grown-up-to-be-a-real-certified teacher little Lauren Hooper!) from Pepperell. Afterwards Lane, our new groundskeeper, showed me where a little injured Kingsnake was hiding behind a plank at our Tortoise enclosure. I checked him out --- looks like he's getting ready to shed, but seems to have some damage to his tail -- and Lane snapped a picture of us. In nine years at Arrowhead I have never seen a venomous snake, but I've seen lots of these guys; maybe that's the reason the Copperheads and Rattlers stay away? 

Behind my head you see one of our two new bat-houses, just erected a few days ago.

It's beautiful weather for trips to Arrowhead, teachers, scoutmasters, etc. Text or e-mail me and we'll schedule one for your class, troop, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment