Friday, June 13, 2014

Gleaning Facebook: Fathers Day

In honor of 2016 Fathers Day, almost 30 years after Daddy left us, I'll repost this as my profile to include three of my favorite fathers: me, my Dad, and my baby bro.

I don't want anyone to miss my mother's comment on the creation of these robes below, so I'll copy it here:
"We were living in the beautiful parsonage in Ellijay at the time. I bought the blue material for the boys robes and red fabric for robes for all five girls and for the dolls of the three little girls. (I had a great time sewing them...even made footies for all the girls and the three dolls) I took the material down to a basement room in the church and cut the material...n the long tables there...then sewed them at night after the children had gone to sleep. So no one saw the robes until Christmas morning." Ruth Baird Shaw)
---
This was the Christmas that Mother made matching blue robes for the guys and matching red robes for the dolls, literal and figurative.


Terrell Shaw For Father's Day here's me, my Daddy, & li'l' brother David. Charles Shaw delighted in fatherhood. Is that a fine hat or what?


David Marlin Rains Gangsta [er, for a Methodist]


David Marlin Rains On the other hand, Pops may have been Gangsta for a Methodist.

Ruth Baird Shaw I made these robes for Christmas gifts.

Roger Wade Cool pic Terrell


Terrell Shaw I just noticed I used this same pic last year. I woulda picked a different one if I'd realized that.

Sandy Doughty Ruth, the minute i saw these guys housecoats, I knew that you HAD to have made them...You would have never found these 3 sizes in the same fabric!! BUT, how did you ever find the time?!?!?

Rita Lawler Has the tradition of matching robes gone away. My grand mother made us "twin" ones every year for Christmas

Ruth Baird Shaw We were living in the beautiful parsonage in Ellijay at the time. I bought the blue material for the boys robes and red fabric for robes for all five girls and for the dolls of the three little girls. (I had a great time sewing them...even made footies for all the girls and the three dolls) I took the material down to a basement room in the church and cut the material...n the long tables there...then sewed them at night after the children had gone to sleep. So no one saw the robes until Christmas. morning.

Brenda Ron Carroll Dad really loved his Shaw cuzzs 

pastedGraphic.png

Terrell Shaw And vice versa, Brenda!

Terrell Shaw Ruth Baird Shaw, did you know that Sandy Doughty & Sandra Cole are one and the same? She is one of my Ellijay friends.

Michael J. Burton Nice times



No comments:

Post a Comment