Sunday, April 25, 2010

Gleaning Facebook: Why We Are Democrats

From Jim Geist:

Terrell...I wrote a letter about "Why I am a Democrat." I stole most of it from you, but gave you credit. It will take 1-2 days before the northern NJ paper Suburban Trends posts it. Just google Suburban Trends April 25 Jim Geist Why I want to be Democrat. It will really piss of the R's up here...and where I live it is mostly R's. Thanks. Did you or your Dad write that post? Who is the 122 yr. old man?

My reply:

I am the 63 year old Democrat, Jim. My crack about midlife and 122 is now two years out of date!! I lost my Dad in 1986. As an ultimate gadget guy, my Dad would have loved the internet.
I'm afraid my little branch is one of only a few on the Democratic side of our family tree. And the other branches seem to have been growing farther to the right over the last couple of decades!
I am glad my essay on "Why I am a Democrat" was useful to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment