Friday, March 22, 2024

Happy Birthday to Me

My family is far-flung on this my seventy-seventh birthday. Here's my beloved most immediate family in our most recent full gathering at the wedding of Lillian and Jordan on October 14, 2023.


My great grand father Columbus Turner Shaw had a good bit of his family around him for his seventh-seventh birthday in April of 1952. He had already suffered a stroke and only lived two more years. I have reached a greater age than my father and both my grandfathers but Grandpa Shaw still has a couple of years on me. Here are some pictures from his 77th:

Columbus Turner Shaw

Left to right:
Grady Columbus Shaw, Jr. (almost hidden behind...) 
Jack Kenneth Shaw 
Hoyt Reeves
Miriam Estelle Shaw (Reeves)
Annie Cloe Shaw (Hicks) (almost hidden behind...)
Lillian Ophelia Wilkerson (Shaw)
Miriam Lorrain Campbell (the little girl)
Horace Reeves (in the bowtie)
Columbus Turner "Lum" Shaw (the birthday boy)
Minnie Ziporah Wood (Shaw)
Grady Columbus Shaw, Sr.
Mary Ann Graham (looking over Grady's shoulder)
Teresa Graham (the baby)
Joe Graham (almost hidden behind...)
Leon Hicks 
Billy Joseph Shaw

Left to right:
 ,Annie Shaw (Hicks), Minnie Ziporah Wood (Shaw), Columbus Turner Shaw, Grady Columbus Shaw Sr., Miriam Shaw (Reeves)

Minnie Ziporah Wood (Shaw) (1879-1973) Columbus Turner Shaw (1875-1954)


 

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Wishing you a wonderful day and a great new year! Happy Happy Birthday! I'm hope to see you sometime this year.

    ReplyDelete