Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Gleaning Facebook: Dieting

 When you diet, you must, by definition, become even more obsessed with food than you were in the bad ol' days of your binges. An alcoholic can work at avoiding alcohol and the former smoker tries to keep his mind off the smokes. The recovering fatty has to spend more time planning meals.

He has to consider the fat, salt, fiber, carbs, sugars in each dish. He must count the calories (or points). Some of the best eating I've ever done has been on diets. Tonight, at 62, I cooked my first mess of fresh turnip greens! With a pilaf of brown rice; a pile of sauted onions, peppers, and mushrooms, a nice big hunk of broiled Mahi-Mahi, a wedge of lemon, a dollop of low cal oleo, and a few splashes of hot sauce... yum! See pic below.



Christie Hufstedler Boyd
This looks delish! We haven't had dinner yet and I can almost smell it!


Rhonda Ingram Bramlette
Table for two , please...


Tammie N Jamie Taylor
That sounds yummy!!! I love food like that!


Terrell Shaw
It was good, if I do say so myself. I'm ashamed to say, I had to call my Mama to ask how to cook the greens!

Tammie N Jamie Taylor
I love good greens!


Lynne Crothers Williams
Better late than never, Terry!


Tersi Bendiburg
So true, Terrell. I have to watch my proteins, sodium, and fats/oils for a while. Even olive oil! Do you know what it means to ask a Cuban to go easy on the olive oil?


Terrell Shaw
There was some EVOO in our meal tonight. 

pastedGraphic.png


Tersi Bendiburg
Liquid Gold! What can I tell you!


Joan Shaw Turrentine
I love what Warren named his weight-loss blog - Walking the Tiger. He commented that dieters have to walk their "tiger" every day. They can't just leave it caged as do those who are trying to tame other tigers.


No comments:

Post a Comment