Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Gleaning Facebook: Veterans Day 2015

from Terrell's Facebook:
Come join me at the annual Veterans Day program at Myrtle Hill, at 11 o'clock of course. I get to lead the Star Spangled Banner (with a bit of a scratchy throat today). Y'all come help me sing!

David Marlin Rains
Break a leg 
Michael J. Sarver
Thanks for the invitation. I am so thankful for all our veterans and for those currently serving this great nation. I would love to be there unfortunately I'll miss it. "Break a leg" Terrell!

David Matheny
You did GREAT, Terrell!! Very Inspiring

Terrell Shaw
Thank you David.

Dawn Hoke Kidney
You sang beautiful!!
Terrell Shaw
Thanks, Dawn & Hoke.

---------------------------

At Myrtle Hill for Veterans Day and see lots of former students!


Leean Frazier Keanum
Awesome teacher !!
Wendy Davis
Enjoyed your sangin'
Ann Gore
Great singer! Sorry we missed it! I know it was good as always!
Ruth Baird Shaw
No one can sing " The Star Spangled Banner" better than Terrell Shaw and few can sing it as well?

Terrell: In case there are any out there unaware, Ruth Baird Shaw is my wonderful (and absolutely unbiased) mother. 

Steve Rood
Take it from me he was Out Standing!! Thank You Mr. Shaw!!

Terrell Shaw
Thank you so much, Steve.
-----------------
from Lillian Shaw's Facebook:
My handsome Grand Shaw. I never got to meet him, but I feel like I know him a little because I know Terrell Shaw.


Terrell: My beautiful daughter, you are so obviously and gloriously descended from this wonderful man that when you were a preschooler and went caroling at a nursing home, Mrs. Sarah Sampson saw you for the first time in her life and immediately declared "That has to be Charles Shaw's grandchild." Oh how he would have spoiled you and how he would have enjoyed watching and hearing you perform.

Ruth Baird Shaw: Yes! Lillian got a double dose of talent from the older Shaw family...Many musicians in the Grandpa Columbus "Lum" Turner Shaw family!

Lillian: That Shaw forehead (fivehead) though.

Beth Shaw: I know that's right. We always called it the 'dome-head'. Well. it takes a lot of room to house our brains. Right? lol

Lillian: That's what I always say! It's cause I just have too much brains.

Amanda Hearn Sims: Do I have this said head?

Beth: Yes, Amanda. You do.

------------------------
from Joan Shaw Turrentine's Facebook:

Just returned home from a moving Veterans Day remembrance service in beautiful Myrtle Hill Cemetery. Thanks to the Model High School band, who played the hymns of each branch of the military and other patriotic music. Thanks to my brother, Terrell Shaw, who sang and led the singing of our national anthem and "God Bless America." Thanks to all those who did the work to make the remembrance ceremony so special. There were approximately 150 Romans gathered there on the beautiful Fall day to acknowledge our debt to those who have served our country and sacrificed to preserve our freedom. It has been a good day!

David Matheny
The Shaw Family is wonderful!

Terrell
You are absolutely right about the bookends, Ruth Baird Shaw & Sheila Matthews Shaw. The guy in the middle is just lucky they let him hang around with 'em!

Jenny Sills
Beautiful job Terrell even when the band lagged behind

Terrell
I could NOT hear the band! I don't know if it was just the acoustics of the place or my old ears. I tried to watch the directors arms waving but couldn't hear them! 

Judy Bridges HendersonBeautiful picture! 
------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment