Tuesday, June 02, 2020

Gleaning Facebook: Saying Their Names

 From Bonny Askew's Facebook--



--------------
From my Facebook:

An evening to speak these names and others and to rededicate ourselves in their memory to our never fully realized but noble founding goals... liberty and justice for all.
-----------
From Ellen Thompson's Facebook:

This evening in Rome... #SayTheirNames #SpeakTheirNames #voicesthatmatter #signsofthetimesekt #icantbreathe2020 #WeAreRome


From my Facebook: Thanks, Ellen K. Thompson for snapping a picture. Sheila and I were so inspired by the many friends, acquaintances, and newly met friends, who -- with physical distancing -- helped us remember the victims of racism and also by the wonderful support from the many folks who drove by along Rome's busiest street shouting encouragement or tooting their horns or waving or giving thumbs-up. One even drove away and came back with bottled water for all of us.





Pictures from Joan Ledbetter's Facebook (with my comments):


I am so in love with the woman in the dark glasses. Sheila does not like the spotlight (I know what you are thinking; how in the world did she produce our two diva-daughters?!) She hates controversy. But she also has principles and the strength of steel. Holding a controversial sign on Turner McCall Boulevard goes against her nature, but so does the evil of racism. She will not be silent in the face of evil.


Melanie Spivey and Ellen K. Thompson





I was so pleased to see my sister Debi and her husband here today.

Joan Ledbetter







No comments:

Post a Comment