Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Gleaning Facebook: Five Days to go...

 (From a Facebook post to Joe Biden for Georgia)


I am a hopelessly sentimental old fool. I know that. 
But I love this country. 

I learned to revere our founders and our founding documents as a youngster. I read every one of those blue back and brown back childhood biographies of great Americans that I could get my hands on in fourth and fifth grade. 

I heard my Daddy's stories of the war (WWII) and wondered how the Germans and Italians and the Japanese could ever have acquiesced to those autocratic rulers. I knew our land was different. 
Then came 2016. 
I have wept many times the last four years for the plight of our republic in the hands of a wannabe autocrat and criminal. So from the very beginning of this race, I have been the one rooting for Joe Biden, the "old" "white" candidate. 

Why? 
Because I knew he was someone who shares my deep love and commitment to the ideals of the Declaration and the Preamble and the Gettysburg Address and the expansion of our republic toward the "perfecting" of liberty and the common good. 
I pray that come November Fourth this good man's name will be in all the headlines as our president-elect. I pray for the overwhelming victory of honesty, patriotism, kindness, small-r republican norms, American values at the polls as Joseph R. Biden is elected to our unitary executive.
We have had other presidents younger certainly, more eloquent too, but we have had no president of more heart or more love for America and Americans than Joe Biden.
I am so proud to have cast my one presidential vote for Joe Biden and I will do my very best to find other votes for him on each of the five Election Days remaining in this Election Season. Please vote. Restore our republic. Give us all a president we can look up to, a president we can hold before our children as a role model.

No comments:

Post a Comment