Saturday, October 10, 2020

Gleaning Facebook: Floyd Springs For Democracy

I was thrilled to see a few Biden signs along Floyd Springs Road as far back as June. This one was the most prominent:

Driving up through Floyd Springs more recently I saw someone had torn down that big Biden banner that had been gracing the road for months. Well, I had a couple of regular ol’ signs in the back of my Rav 4, so I stopped and knocked at the farmhouse door. What ensued was a delightful half-hour of conversation with Mr. and Mrs. Wallace House. They said the Biden banner on the next property belonged to their son, but his is behind a fence and harder to get to and is the only one still standing in the area. One had also been taken from the yard of the Cash family up the road. 

I got a mini-tour to see the two vehicles Mr. House displays in area car shows— a ‘23 Ford hotrod and a ‘72 Chevy long bed pickup.

Mr.House says the vandals won’t stop him. He plans to bolt a thick piece of plywood to the frame and paint his own sign. In the meantime he was glad to have the little substitute I supplied.
Here Mr. House poses in front of what’s left of the old banner and behind the yard sign I put up. 

Later Note: Wendy Davis has found me a 4' x 4' sign to take to Mr. House! I'll deliver it tomorrow. Can't wait to see what he thinks of that!
Even Later note: Mr. House was thrilled to get the new even bigger sign, but he wouldn't let me help him put it up; he wants to attach it to some plywood to make it harder to destroy! I've added a picture of his "Thumbs-up" with the new sign.
----
And finally I have added a picture of the final rresult. Mr. House attached the big sign to plywood and framed it with 2x4s and erected a flag pole to accompany the sign. Yay!




No comments:

Post a Comment