Tuesday, January 23, 2024

January 23

I knew that day, before we even started out from Wilmore, Kentucky, that I would take an unannounced side trip around Fort Mountain along the way to Atlanta. I wanted to ask a question. I wanted the right answer. I needed a little help and I thought the sound of Holly Creek splashing down the mountain, the smell of green pines, the majesty of the Cohutta...
Sheila and I parked on a dirt road and walked among the giant pines. She rested against one and I leaned in to kiss her, and asked my question.
She gave the right answer! Just one word expressed unreservedly, enthusiastically, beautifully.
.
That was 53 years ago today. I love her and admire her even more in 2024 than in 1971.
.

(We did not get a picture that day. This picture is about a year later.) 



No comments:

Post a Comment