Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Nature Walks: June 7

Yesterday I couldn't resist a walk along the school trail and then on back into Berry property to see what's blooming and to get a little exercise. I found several pretty blooms, some I know, some I don't. I'll label them the best I can, but always understand my labels are preliminary until they have Richard or Teresa's OK!

Black-eyed Susans everywhere. Rudbeckia hirta, I suppose. This one was enjoying a visit from an interesting wasp.


All along the old railroad bed were clumps of this showy flower. I think it may be Wild Bergamot, Monarda fistulosa. It is a very pretty flower that is new to me.



This one looks like a Scuttellaria of some sort?

Wild Petunia? Ruellia sp?



This is growing in our little stream. It's Lizard's Tail, Saururus cernuus.


Alright, Richard and Teresa, set me straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment