Sunday, March 20, 2011

Gleaning Facebook: Jean Palmer

Sheila and I attended the funeral of our teacher-friend Jean Palmer this afternoon. Her son Chuck gave the eulogy and did his Mama proud, reminding us all of why we admired her so.

One of the hardest things to accept about these birthdays that keep rolling around - only 25 hours till my next one - is that each year we find the world peopled differently. We have had some real losses the last twelve months.

I rarely saw Jean in recent years, but my life is poorer for the knowledge that I will not again see her -unexpectedly, downtown perhaps - and enjoy catching up with that bright, interesting and entertaining friend.

Comment

Eleanor Hamby

She will be missed by many. The last few years have been the unexpected meetings when we have been "out and about Rome". Jean's first year of teaching was the year that I graduated from Pepperell and we reconnected when we returned to Rome. So sorry to lose a good friend and former teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment