Saturday, February 11, 2012

Gleaning Facebook: Medal Stand




OK, this is sorta nutty but...

I want to build medal (not metal, Bob!) stands for our Science Fair awards ceremony at school. As a cheapskate and someone who loves to recycle and reuse, I'm appealing to the online community.
I'll bet among my Rome area Facebook friends there is enough scrap plywood to do this -- and I have a truck. So if you have one or more quarter sheets of sound half-inch plywood (or larger pieces) lying around that you would like to be rid of, I'll come haul it off today for free. I need a total about two sheets to build the three small platforms. It doesn't have to be pretty: it'll be painted. A few scrap two-by-fours would also be appreciated.
So let's see if this social network thing is good for something concrete, uh, wooden. 🙂 Reply here or message me.

Ruth Baird Shaw There is a little plywood and 2 by 4's here....

Gola Burton Call dad!!!

Gola Burton If no answer. Just go over and go through the barns. He will never miss it.

Terrell Shaw Ha! The Shaw girls would love your comment, Gola!

Bob Doster Gotta laugh! Going to MB's was the first thing on my mind.

One other thing. It's gonna be hard to build metal stands out of plywood. Unless you are stranger that I know.

Terrell Shaw Medal, Bob. Medal! 

pastedGraphic.png

Bob Doster Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!

Peggy Fowler-Casillas Or...you could build platforms out of pallets (eliminates some of the framing/support work).

No comments:

Post a Comment