Friday, July 20, 2012

Gleaning Facebook: Broadway Spectacular 4





As I wait in the wings as Tevye with my milkcan, I get to (improbably) travel to the Mississippi to hear Bill Supon's wonderful bass voice as he performs "Old Man River" from Showboat...

...and then to Missitucky for a lovely duet of "How Are Things in Glocca Morra?" from Finian's Rainbow sung by Ginger McClure and Bob Moulard.


Then I walk into a barnyard in Russia, a century or so ago, set down that heavy milkcan, wipe my sweaty forehead, and begin a little talk with God, reprising "If I Were a Rich Man" that I had the honor of performing on this stage in 2000 in a full production of the moving musical Fiddler on the Roof . What fun to perform this scene again -- especially with an excellent accompanying instrumental ensemble led by James Willis.


I hope you'll catch a performance if you are in town. This week and next:
Here's the program of musical numbers:


Opening tonight:
Broadway Spectacular 4
Rome Little Theater at the Desoto
Jul. 20, 21, 22; 27, 28, 29, 2012
Fri./Sat.:8 PM; Sun.: 2:30 PM

========

Comments

Mary Nisbet Asbury I will see you tonight!!!

Melissa McLaughlin Going to be there Sunday afternoon with daughter and mother.

-------------------

July 29, 2012


Final performance today of Broadway Spectacular IV...y'all come see us: at 2:30pm at the DeSoto Theatre!!!

Comments

Brandi Johnson Camp You are one of my FAVORITES to watch!!!!
Terrell Shaw
Thanks!
Mona Dewey-Leiter Really enjoyed your performance Terrell. You bring so much subtlety and nuances to your performance.
Terrell Shaw Thank you, Mona!

No comments:

Post a Comment