Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Gleaning Facebook: Congressman John Davis

 My friend Wendy Davis is the niece of our Congressman from the sixties and seventies, John Davis. As a young teacher I was pleased to be introduced to Congressman Davis at the RNT news room where Sheila was working as a reporter at the time. I remember being impressed that he recited a poem to us; I don’t remember the poem or how it was appropriate to the conversation but it was. This thimble and a small campaign button are the only items in my collection from his races.

=======

Comments

Mary Nisbet Asbury
Cool!


Lynne Crothers Williams
My husband was Congressman Davis's press secretary in the late sixties.


Wendy Davis
How fun is this?!?


Pam Duggan
Really neat campaign mementos! Much more memorable than a campaign button!!!


Donald Murdock
My family met John Davis in his office in DC when I was a kid. He knew my grandpa, “Judge Edwards” (founder of RNT). He took us via the underground train to the congressional cafeteria (as I recall...vague memories). Simpler times. Cool thimble.


Wendy Davis
Donald
, they still have that little train


George Barton
He was my first cousin, once removed.


No comments:

Post a Comment