Saturday, January 29, 2011

Gleaning Facebook: You Just Never Know Where the Triggers Are

 In the classroom. Me: "What did James Otis say?" Lackluster response from kids. Me: "Say it!" Kids: "No Taxation without Representation!" (better but not up to my standards) Me: "Say it!!" (Finally they shout while my student teacher is laughing herself to tears. (more)

(I save this just to remember one of the craziest exchanges of my years on Facebook. Wow.)

---------------

Terrell Shaw
Turns out my "Say it"s were perfectly timed with intercom inquiries from our AP that I didn't hear, and puzzled AP is repeating herself as my kids are quoting James Otis. Ahhh the joys of old ears.

(I actually don't remember if it was that quote from Otis, or one from Henry, or Jefferson, or somebody else, so I picked Otis for FB purposes.)


Richard Dick Sapp
Sounds like T.E.A. party, history repeats itself


Terrell Shaw
<grin>
This is my favorite unit in social studies. I love teaching my young'n's the stories of the principled men and women of our Revolution.
However we disagree about things in 2011, Dick, both of us cantankerous ol' coots can agree we love that noble shared heritage! 

pastedGraphic.png


Richard Dick Sapp
I only seek the the truth, i know you have a slant towARD MARXIST BELIEFS , I KNOW THAT SOME OF YOUR RELATIVES Have a dicatATOR BELIEF TOWARD PEOPLE.


Terrell Shaw
Wow! How did you know! I have always enjoyed Harpo and Groucho... but I can't help but wonder if somebody's put something in your Duck Soup this evening!
BTW I am very curious to know which of my relatives are proponents of dictatorship. lol!
Have a nice evening Dick.


Betty Smith Franklin
Any especially bossy ones? Look our for teachers....


Richard Dick Sapp
Karl Marx, our Prez friend. Curious check your family tree


Terrell Shaw
LOL, Betty.


Ruth Baird Shaw
LOL. We may be one of the few families that has never had a "dicatATOR"...


Richard Dick Sapp
Keep looking


Ruth Baird Shaw
<smile>


Richard Dick Sapp
It is what it is, I only know the truth


Terrell Shaw
"I only seek the the truth, i know you have a slant towARD MARXIST BELIEFS , I KNOW THAT SOME OF YOUR RELATIVES Have a dicatATOR BELIEF TOWARD PEOPLE." [The caps are a nice touch.]
"Karl Marx, our Prez friend. Curious check your family tree"
"It is what it is, I only know the truth"
I did not know that you are acquainted with my family. Shoot, you obviously know us well!
So, Dickie, you truth-seeking sixty-three year-old loving (I presume) father and brand-new grandfather (congrats, by the way!), and cryptic classmate of mine, why don't you just share your awesome truth about those dastardly Marxist, dictatorial, relatives of mine who must have cruelly mistreated you? I've looked over the family tree from mimsy root to brillig twig. We Shaws are such slithy, frumious, maxome beasts! It's real hard to pick out which ones of us jabberwocks you're a'talking about.
It is, indeed, what it is. Fantastic.


Richard Dick Sapp
I will tell you face to face. I will let you know

No comments:

Post a Comment