Sunday, January 11, 2015

Gleaning Facebook: Doser

Here I am with my favorite animal to take out to the schools, Doser the Eastern King Snake. Doser is gentle but active and allows me to handle him for long periods while I show him off.


Nancy Johal Singh
I hate snakes but love you lol


Terrell Shaw
You couldn't hate Doser. pastedGraphic.png


Anita Stewart
Nice snake - looks like you've had practice handling it.


Mary Nisbet Asbury
I snakes!


Annie Shields
I saw him in my chicken house.


Ruth Baird Shaw
Put that Snake down before it bites you!!!!!


Bob Doster
Anna Stewart, I wish I could double like your comment. It's really funny.


Jenny Sills
WHy does it always have to be snakes! DO NOT take that home to Shelia.

I am with your Mama.


Terrell Shaw
If Doser did bite me (will never happen) his bite would do less damage than any of Facebook's millions of kittens. Besides that he has no claws. Kittens do. There's no such thing as snake-scratch fever. pastedGraphic.png


David Marlin Rains
A gift from Eve?


Leatrice Michelle Carter
Oh my Mr. Shaw! You are so brave! 

pastedGraphic_3.pngpastedGraphic_2.pngpastedGraphic_1.png

although Doser is cute in a strange little way 

pastedGraphic_3.png


David Jones
Do not miss Les Mis ar Aurora


Frank Norris
Does Doser doze while you're displaying him (and how do you know it's a "him"?).


Terrell Shaw
I know it's a him b/c Vivian Davis Chesley told me so. I'll havta get her to 'splain it to me. Doser generally works at hiding, Frank. If I get busy talking, showing off snake skins and eggs and such and stop paying attention to him he will try to disappear up my sleeve or into my shirt, and I have to fish him out -- much to the enjoyment of a room full of elementary kids.


June Lovenbury Warfield
The little boy in the picture illustrates my attitude toward snakes! Intellectually, I know it's silly, but I still react this way!
pastedGraphic_4.png


Paula Dickinson
And you are holding that snake WHY???


Terrell Shaw
It's my parttime job, Paula. I take animals out to the schools and show them to kids and tell stories about them... sneaking in a little science. Or the kids make field trips to Arrowhead Environmental Ed. Center and I take them on nature walks and tell them stories and show them animals. It's a great retirement job for this ol' coot! 

pastedGraphic.png


Mary Craven
Paula, Donovahn stopped him yesterday at church to brag about him coming to his classroom. Terrell then told him what he would be bringing this week.


Ken Gossett
Hey, Terry, there's a snake on your shirt!


Patricia Canada
Oh yuck terrell.


Terrell Shaw
Pat!


Michael J. Burton
That asp is gonna bite yore


Terrell Shaw
A fine upstanding, (well, maybe not exactly upstanding) Eastern King Snake should not have to put up with such name-calling Mr. Burton!


John Countryman
Were you preaching?!


Sharlette Denise Holcomb
You are braver than I am, although I had rather see a snake than a spider. ( I just shuddered typing the second s word) LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment