Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Gleaning Facebook: Healthcare For Everyone

 This a basic principle I share with folks like Teddy Roosevelt. We are all mortals and subject to injury and disease. I think we all should help each other keep good health. We are in this together. Just as surely as we all should jointly share the costs of police protection, a national defense, and food safety, we should share the costs of healthcare.

David Jones
If only we had a good plan


Terrell Shaw
You may be surprised to discover that I agree that this plan could be much better. Where we drastically disagree is how to improve it. I want single payer full national insurance. But even as it is, it is a huge reform of the big insurance death panels we had before.


Donald Murdock
Ditto, Terry the Terrible (sorry, couldn't help myself...ya gotta have a Viking warrior moniker). The intent was to put a plan in place that could be tweaked and improved upon based on experience. We aren't very good at taking lessons already learned by nations where, generally speaking, the single payer plan has proven to be the most successful model. Till then, what we have is a big step forward. Cheers.
Murdock the Maniacal


Christie Hufstedler Boyd
I was thrilled to be able to get my daughter insurance for $40.04 a month. Also thrills me that I pay taxes to help other people and for once, it's my own.


Raymond Atkins
This plan should have been single-payer to start with, but the Big 3 (big medicine, big pharmacy, and big insurance) weren't going to have that. So we settled, and then the Congress gutted the compromise plan so that it was only a shadow of what it could have been. Still, 11.5 million people (and me) think what we have is better than the nothing it replaced. Let's look at it as a good start and move forward.


Raymond Atkins
signed Ray the Realist (???)


Raymond Atkins
Terrell Shaw
, I'm not happy with my nickname...


Terrell Shaw
Ray the Ribald? Wray the Wreckless? Ray the Righter?


Jenny Sills
I am an Independent. But I agree


Michael J. Burton
Amen


Claudia Kennedy
Ray The Right-minded works for me...Just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment