Monday, February 09, 2015

Gleaning Facebook: To my fellow professing Christians

I saddens me that a few of my fellow professing Christians try to make this beautiful message into something it is not. Please don't take the haters' characterizations as truth. Listen for yourself. I am so proud of this good man. This was a powerful, personal, and eloquent call to peace and love. It was as unpolitical as any talk by any president ever. Thank you Mr. President.

I see more and more young people, and not-so-young people, giving up on religion as they watch things like the politicization of what should have been a moment of national unity at the National Prayer Breakfast. Is it any wonder? If you can listen to this talk and respond as hatefully as several of my "Christian" friends have, then the "Christianity" I see in you is, frankly, not one I want to be associated with.
We may have different opinions on how best to accomplish the goals of our constitution and still listen to each other honestly. I challenge my conservative friends to listen to this talk honestly.

Click this picture to hear the president's remarks.

No comments:

Post a Comment